Projects Management Office Implementation & Systems
The successful implementation of projects at an organization requires managing them as a portfolio to make sure that dependency and strategic objectives are monitored and controlled. Best practices now call for establishing a special unit to perform projects management and control (Project Management Office – PMO). Horizons Projects Management Office System (PMOS) is an innovative PMO solution that focuses on optimizing the execution of PMO processes across PMO participants and interacting applications. PMOS puts at your hand the power of automating and streamlining your PMO processes using smart repository-based visual blueprinting, monitoring, analysis, collaboration, notification, and reporting technologies.
PMOS integrates with other Horizons leading products and services in the areas of Enterprise Architecture, Strategic Management, and Model-Based Software Development to provide our customers with powerful, integrated, and agile solutions.
WHO SHOULD USE IT?
- Business managers to track, manage, and provide requirements for enterprise programs and projects.
- Project Managers to manage and track daily project management activities
- PMO workers (Quality Assurance, Technical Support, and Requirements Managers) to reduce the time and effort in performing their daily tasks.
- Support for PMI Knowledge Areas.
- Web-Based Enterprise Software.
- Native Full Support for Arabic Language and Hijri Dates (Easy to add new languages).
- Smart Analysis Reports and Top Management Gateway.
- Integration with MS EPM or Primavera PM System.
- Integration with Enjiz Tasks Management System by Horizons.
- Extensive set of reports.
- Integrates with Tasks Management to track execution of PM follow-up tasks, risks mitigation tasks, communications tasks, etc.
- Locally Developed and Supported System (easy to customize for large organizations).
- On time, On Budget, and with high quality output executed Projects.
- Integrated and Strategic Tracking of projects and coordination among their execution.
- Management of projects as an “investment portfolio” for optimum utilization of human and financial resources.
- Integrated and Unified Reports at all levels.
- Project Management and Performance Measures Dash Boards.
SERVICE MAIN ACTIVITIES
- Assess organization’s PM needs based on its strategy and nature of projects and projects stakeholders’ requirements.
- Document and analyze PMO processes using international standards such as PM, and organization own specific PM processes.
- Define PMO roles and responsibilities and document them.
- Define PMO required systems specifications.
- Train PMO staff on PMO processes, and systems.
- Use designed PMO processed to deploy the PMO automation engine (use PMI knowledge areas such as Communication Management, Risk Management, Quality Management, Cost Management, Procurement, Time Management, Program and Portfolio Management, and Requirements Management to support the PMO automation system).
- Integrate deployed system with enterprise systems such as Document management, Scheduling systems, and Financial Systems.
- Design PMOS stakeholders reporting needs at project, departmental, or program level and use PMO system portal to deploy the required reports. Specific measures are computed and displayed in real-time to the various stakeholders.
Enterprise Strategy & Performance Management
Strategy Management is a continuous process that organizations need to formalize and execute at all times. Strategy Management is concerned with analyzing and assessing the changing working environment and dynamically align the objectives and initiatives of the organization to match these changing conditions. The Balanced Scorecard (BSC) is becoming the de-facto standard in formulating and tracking the execution of the strategy. The BSC is a powerful, yet simple framework that can be used to capture the Customer strategic objectives, measures and initiatives; and to track the execution of its plans. BSC has gained wide acceptance in organization of various types worldwide and there exist many tools and approaches for implementing it.
Our service is characterized by its tight integration with Enterprise Architecture (business models) of the organization structure, processes, and IT systems. We have developed an extensive experience in helping organizations develop their strategic plans using the Balanced Scorecard Framework and integrated dynamic enterprise blueprinting.
Service Main Components
- Strategy Review
- Strategic Analysis using stakeholders’ requirements analysis, business components assessment, strategic issues formulation, and summarizing SWOT matrix with priorities.
- Strategy Formulation using strategic framework, strategic themes, Strategy Maps, KPIs, and Initiatives (Using BSC as the formulation Framework)
- Strategy Cascading
- Developing Strategy performance measures Catalogue and automation requirements
- Strategy Risk Management
- OSM Establishment with detailed design of Office management processes.
- Position, Team and Person BSC design, performance evaluation and performance-based incentive management
Knowledge transfer and training sessions on dynamically managing the strategy and using the system.
- Linking Strategy Analysis and Assessment results with business elements (Processes, organization, and systems)
- Use of workshops and customer teams to own and develop the strategy and achieve Knowledge Transfer.
- Use of strategy themes and perspective themes to discover and group objectives.
- Use strategy maps to describe how value is created
- Use cause and effect relationships between objectives to discover missing or unneeded objectives
- Use of visual models to communicate strategy and BSC elements
- Linking strategic analysis results to objectives to establish the traceability to business elements.
- Building KPI catalogues with customer teams with explicit accountability and assessment of KPI measurability and sources.
- Building Initiative transition plans and action items with clear links to objectives.
- Effective Strategy Communication with internal and external stakeholders using visual strategy maps.
- Continuous Strategic Learning
- √ Periodic management meetings to review strategy
- √ In-depth insight into causes and effects of strategy execution
- √ Drill-down to root cause process/accountable party
- √ Analyze objective and KPI cause and effect linkages
- Proactive Strategic Management
- √ Get early lead knowledge about strategy execution
- √ Take corrective strategic and budgetary actions
- √ Act proactively instead of reactively anticipating problems in achieving objectives as early as possible
Who should use it?
- Business Leadership
- Business Units Managers
- Strategy Departments
- Performance Monitoring Specialists
IT Strategy and E-Transformation
IT Strategy or E-Services Strategy defines the roadmap of how Information Technology (IT) can support the realization of the business strategy. The IT Strategy is developed using an approach similar to developing business strategy, where IT strategic framework is developed first in alignment with the business strategic framework and stakeholders main expectations, then IT Assessment and Analysis is conducted for all IT components (IT Assets [such as applications, data, infrastructure, security, etc.], IT services and processes, and IT organization.). We then use the BSC framework to form the IT Strategy Map, IT Initiatives, and IT measures. The IT Assets Assessment is based on IT-Architecture using a Technology Reference Model. International standards such as ITIL, ISO27001, SOA, CMMI Network architecture best practices and Data Architecture are used to analyze IT components.
SERVICE MAIN ACTIVITIES
- Document and understand IT implications of business strategy, business services, and business organization.
- Document & Assess IT assets using TOGAF & TRM
- Document & Assess current IT Governance Elements, and IT projects.
- Develop IT Strategic Framework in alignment with Business Strategy
- Develop IT Governing Principles
- Define IT Gaps and build IT SWOT matrix with priorities
- Design to-be IT architecture components (Apps, Data, Infrastructure, Security, Integration, etc.)
- Define IT Objectives and build the IT Strategy Map with time frame for realizing it.
- Building Transition Plans (Time, Scope, Cost, and Dependency)
- Define IT measures to track the realization of IT objectives (use COBIT as a reference model)
- Formulate the IT Strategy or/and E-Services BSC
- Train/Perform Knowledge Transfer to IT Staff
- Knowledge Based Integrated Business and IT models capturing.
- Documentation of IT Governing Components.
- Use of international standards to document and assess IT elements
- Special attention is paid to IT organization and processes based on international standards such as ISO20000, ITIL V3, and COBiT
- Systems Architecture analysis and design based on Business Services & Processes
- Formulating an IT & E-services Executable Strategy (Using BSC Framework)
- Explicit time-framed Transition Plans that are tied to both strategy and constrained by human and financial resources.
- Alignment of IT strategy with business strategy and needs
- Explicit and Structured Framework to identify and manage all IT projects
- Executable and Monitoring for IT Strategy Execution.
WHO SHOULD USE IT?
- IT Managers
- IT Architects
- Business Top Management
Custom Software Development
Horizons Software is a CMMI Level 3 Certified (Certified in 2006 and re-certified in 2010 & 2013). All of Horizons software products are developed using CMMI-3 processes with continuous improvement processes. Horizons provides customized software development to its customer based on strong business analysis models. Horizons also helps organization improve their software development processes based on CMMI standards.
Service Main Activities
- An analysis of business requirements using formal model, with architecture focus.
- Comprehensive Requirements Specifications including functional and non-functional requirements.
- Software Prototyping and Agile Development to involve the customer at all times
- Software engineering using modern environment with validation and QC procedures
- Software Quality Assurance
- Post deployment support (online, on phone, and onsite)
- Use of standard CMMI processes.
- Business and Software formal documentation
- Service and Process-based approach to application architecture design
- Extensive QC and QA of development software.
- Model-based approach to business requirements documentation
- Supporting Service Oriented architecture by leveraging process models and application components.
- Quality systems that is flexible and easy to maintain.
Who should use it?
- Software Development Units
- IT Project Managers
- IT Architects
Enterprise Architecture and Business Process Management
An Enterprise Architecture (EA) establishes the Enterprise-wide roadmap to achieve an Enterprise’s mission through optimal performance of its core business processes within an efficient information technology (IT) environment. Simply stated, enterprise architectures is a foundation to manage enterprise change by building its “blueprints” for systematically and completely defining an organization’s current (baseline) or desired (target) environment.
The EA service focuses on building holistic, formal, and interrelated models of all business components: strategy, process, organization, IT, cost, projects, and resources. International Standards and Methods such as Zachman and Togaf are used in this service. The models of the current situation (as-is EA) can be then used to understand, document, analyze, and communicate current business components. They can be then used to design future desired business situation (to-be EA). Once To-Be business components are designed, EA models can be used to understand “Change Impact, and to drive future transformation projects. Special service of Horizons related to manage and improve business processes using international “Process Architecture” and “Process Improvement” methods.
SERVICE MAIN ACTIVITIES
- Design EA strategy and processes. Define EA roles and responsibilities.
- Use of standard Frameworks such as Zachman or TOGAF to visually and logically define business models (as-is or to-be).
- Generate EA portal to display and communicate business and IT models.
- Analyze business and technology models against organization’s strategy and vision to define existing gaps and potential solutions.
- Use of international standards and best practices to define target business models.
- Define transition strategy to move to the desired architecture and identify change projects
- Design transition plan schedules and costs and actions inter-dependencies.
- Design communication plans and change management actions to support the execution of transition plans.
- Analyze Process models and define improvement opportunities and future design.
SERVICE MAIN FEATURES
- Leading Enterprise Architecture (EA) Service Provider with extended EA experience.
- Knowledge Based Formal Integrated Models.
- EA Frameworks (Zachman – TOGAF)
- International Standards and Best practices
- Multiple views to meet stakeholders’ requirements.
- Highly visual communication environment.
- Traceability and change impact analysis.
- Service-Focused approach to Business Process Management
- Process Software Automation Analysis
- Managing Change in business and technology environment.
- Support for effective architecture-based business and IT strategies.
- Retaining enterprise knowledge and leveraging it.
- Alignment of strategy and operations.
- Cost-Effective Managing of enterprise projects.
- Unifying business terms and promoting common understanding among enterprise staff.
- Better business communication.
WHO SHOULD USE IT?
- Management at all levels
- Business Analysts
- Quality Managers
- IT Architects
- Project Management Office Managers
- HR Managers
Howkamah is an enterprise governing, risk management, and compliance system. It is a web application that documents based on knowledge models all business components (strategy, services, processes, organizations, measures, roles and responsibilities, policies, projects, and principles). It provides a comprehensive risk management system that implements international risk management life cycle. It also tracks and analyze risk occurrences and response strategies. Howkamah also has evaluation and auditing components that allow its users to define auditing or evaluation frameworks, implementation plans, results recording and analysis. Howkamah also has an advanced survey components that can be use in enterprise governance activities.
Document… Evaluate and Audit… Manage Risks
- Use Enterprise Architecture Frameworks and methods to document governance components
- One integrated environment to manage governance, risks, and audit for compliance
- Support implementation plans definition and execution
- Support enterprise auditing
- Support Quality management
- Integrates with Outlook calendar and Horizons Enjiz tasks management system
- Smart analysis reports and dashboards
- Native support for Arabic and English
- Integrates with Active Directory
- Web Application
Enjiz is web-based collaborative task management solution to track and complete tasks. Enjiz empowers users to monitor their tasks using easy To Do lists, visual dashboards and customized reports from the web, outlook or mobile clients.
Collaborate… Track… Complete
- Task creation and update in one click
- Interactive user friendly screens to track, share and follow tasks with attachments and comments
- Informative tasks lists highlighting due and upcoming work
- Recurring tasks and tasks templates are supported
- Tasks Time duration and deadline date
- Task Type with followers to the task type are used for automatic following of tasks
- Tasks predecessors can be defined
- Tasks Timeline to show history of tasks events
- Smart system Notifications (instant and daily digest)Rich visual user, project and community Dashboards and Reports
- Group and manage users and tasks in projects, communities and networks
- Create tasks in Outlook with Enjiz Outlook Add-on
- Android Enjiz App with mobile/tablet online and offline synchronization
Collaborate with your team members and track task progress and Timeline to complete your tasks on-time and achieve work efficiency
- Manage users in each Network
- Group users in Communities
- Join Users in one or more community
- Add public or private Projects
- Add Tasks to projects with assignee, followers, deadline and many other properties
- Manage Tasks in different states
Notifications and Email Digests
- Facilitate task completion on-time through online balloon notifications
- Keep on top of updates through notifications
- Get daily notification digest for newly created tasks, updated tasks and upcoming deadlines
Visual Dashboards and Reports
- Get fast insight from Visual dashboards for users, projects and communities
- Monitor projects and tasks status through customized reporting
- Evaluate project progress and user performance
Outlook Add-on and Android Mobile
- Create tasks from Outlook emails
- Manage your Tasks from your mobile
- Update in online and offline modes using your mobile
Enjiz is web-based collaborative task management solution to track and complete tasks. Enjiz empowers users to monitor their tasks using easy To Do lists, visual dashboards and customized reports from the web, outlook or mobile clients
Strategy Architect (SA) System
Horizons Strategy Architect (SA) is an automated software solution for implementing the Balanced Scorecard in a collaborative strategic performance management framework. It enables real-time automatic recording of the BSC performance measures to its information sources. It provides dash boards at various levels and various BSC components such as perspectives, measures, and initiatives. SA also supports unlimited number of interdependent BSCs (Cascaded BSCs). It deploys enterprise-wide, and is integrated with windows LDAP or other users’ authorization technology. Administration utilities are used to grant access rights to various groups. SA uses unique visual modeling technology to model the strategic and performance architecture of an enterprise and extract computed data from various operational data stores to present distilled visual scorecards in a web-based front end. This enables a fast development and deployment of BSC systems. The users can access the SA online or offline and browse data in full value mode or in summarized visual index mode. With SA you can proactively monitor performance against company targets and plan for corrective actions much sooner than before.
- Installing SA Software at customer’s servers
- Deploying the customer BSC after completing all BSC details
- Testing Deployed system
- Training of System Administrator, BSC Maintainers, and End Users
- Visual BSC definition using the SA visual modeler
- Customizable BSC Architecture
- Web-enabled and thin browser clients
- BSC, Measure and Initiative dashboards
- Automatic KPI updates, calculation and alerts
- Dynamic Measure updates from backend data stores
- Dynamic monitoring of the BSC strategy maps with cause-effect links tracking.
- Unlimited Cascading among BSCs, objectives, and measures and supporting cause-effect links among measures and objectives.
- Live Initiative and Action Plan status updates and Dashboards
- Notification Server using email and SMS.
- Customized views.
- Model-based easy updates for BSC definitions.
- Support for online and offline clients
- Visual modeling of performance architecture
- Secure data accessibility and manipulation rules
- Flexible security model with group and user profiles
- Native support of Arabic Language and for Hijri dates (automatic conversion of dates).
- BSC Reports
- XML-based interfaces
Quality Management System (JAWDA)
Horizons JAWDA is a Quality Management System that is web-based application built on top of enterprise governance basic elements of Strategy, process, organization, Policies, and KPIs. New elements for documents, enterprise glossary, and Change requests recordings have been added. The product will be used to support Quality Management and ISO systems implementation and execution. The system will enable organizations to defining their enterprise context, strategy analysis, defining terms and references for the system, building process documentation, roles & responsibilities & organization structure, and defining policies. The system will support the full auditing cycle including: maintaining Check lists for all types of business elements to be audited such as processes, services, strategy elements, Staff, policies, and other elements, defining auditing plans and schedules with roles and responsibilities, recording auditing results with support for 360 auditing, and recording and analyzing non-conformities with tracking their designed corrective actions. The system supports recording complaints and conducting surveys to assure customers satisfaction. It maintains information on all types of documents handled and their versions. The system records change requests with their handling decisions, and actions status. The system is integrated with Horizons Enjiz tasks management system, or with Outlook Calendar to record or track executions of actions designed. The system has a rich set of analysis and reporting dashboards and reports. The system has notifications services.
JAWDA main advantages are:
- Support for any quality management systems including defining the system, and implementing it.
- Support implementation of auditing programs, and plans within the program and for scheduling of plan tasks.
- Business elements defined with the quality system such as processes, organization, policies, Strategy, and KPIs are supporting by best practice methods and frameworks.
- Integration with Outlook calendar or Horizons Enjiz Tasks Management System to track all types of recorded actions.
- Rich reports, graphics, and dashboards.
- Integrates with Active Directory and supports access rights for all views.
- Native Arabic-English Support.
- Quality Management Department Staff
- Department Heads
- Top Management
- Internal Quality Auditors
- External Auditors
- Process Improvement Teams
- General Staff