Projects Management Office Implementation & Systems
The successful implementation of projects at an organization requires managing them as a portfolio to make sure that dependency and strategic objectives are monitored and controlled. Best practices now call for establishing a special unit to perform projects management and control (Project Management Office – PMO). Horizons Projects Management Office System (PMOS) is an innovative PMO solution that focuses on optimizing the execution of PMO processes across PMO participants and interacting applications. PMOS puts at your hand the power of automating and streamlining your PMO processes using smart repository-based visual blueprinting, monitoring, analysis, collaboration, notification, and reporting technologies.
PMOS integrates with other Horizons leading products and services in the areas of Enterprise Architecture, Strategic Management, and Model-Based Software Development to provide our customers with powerful, integrated, and agile solutions.
WHO SHOULD USE IT?
- Business managers to track, manage, and provide requirements for enterprise programs and projects.
- Project Managers to manage and track daily project management activities
- PMO workers (Quality Assurance, Technical Support, and Requirements Managers) to reduce the time and effort in performing their daily tasks.
- Support for PMI Knowledge Areas.
- Web-Based Enterprise Software.
- Native Full Support for Arabic Language and Hijri Dates (Easy to add new languages).
- Smart Analysis Reports and Top Management Gateway.
- Integration with MS EPM or Primavera PM System.
- Integration with Enjiz Tasks Management System by Horizons.
- Extensive set of reports.
- Integrates with Tasks Management to track execution of PM follow-up tasks, risks mitigation tasks, communications tasks, etc.
- Locally Developed and Supported System (easy to customize for large organizations).
- On time, On Budget, and with high quality output executed Projects.
- Integrated and Strategic Tracking of projects and coordination among their execution.
- Management of projects as an “investment portfolio” for optimum utilization of human and financial resources.
- Integrated and Unified Reports at all levels.
- Project Management and Performance Measures Dash Boards.
SERVICE MAIN ACTIVITIES
- Assess organization’s PM needs based on its strategy and nature of projects and projects stakeholders’ requirements.
- Document and analyze PMO processes using international standards such as PM, and organization own specific PM processes.
- Define PMO roles and responsibilities and document them.
- Define PMO required systems specifications.
- Train PMO staff on PMO processes, and systems.
- Use designed PMO processed to deploy the PMO automation engine (use PMI knowledge areas such as Communication Management, Risk Management, Quality Management, Cost Management, Procurement, Time Management, Program and Portfolio Management, and Requirements Management to support the PMO automation system).
- Integrate deployed system with enterprise systems such as Document management, Scheduling systems, and Financial Systems.
- Design PMOS stakeholders reporting needs at project, departmental, or program level and use PMO system portal to deploy the required reports. Specific measures are computed and displayed in real-time to the various stakeholders.